Hello. We are expanding our team for spring to autumn activities and are looking for Adventure Guide to lead our kayaking and SUP trips based on islands in the Zadar archipelago.
To inspire active travelers, Adventure Guide spearheads all itinerary activities. He/she ensures smooth execution of the trip, leads and instructs on kayaking/SUP trips, leads hiking and cycling, makes sense of weather forecasts, adjusts routes to fit the weather as well as the group skills and fitness level, liaison with suppliers, keeps gear in check. On top of it, he/she leads conversations to reveal the hidden secrets of our area and serve as the advocate of Malik Adventure’s eco-friendly way of traveling (and living). It is either a seasonal or a full-time position.
THE POSITION MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF YOU WANT TO:
– Work as a leader for kayaking and SUP trips. You are already an accomplished outdoor leader and a sea kayaker. For SUP touring, we can train you in our internal instructor program.
– Dive deep behind Croatian history and culture. You want to understand the local cultural nuances and then pass your insights to fellow travelers. Yes, you appreciate delicious food and wine that are an essential part of the local culture.
– Live an authentic Croatian life on a small island off the beaten path. Place with no tourism office here, but with great adventures. The kind of place where everyone knows everyone else.
– Spend days immersed in nature using your body in a balanced way every day. Kayaking, SUP, hiking, cycling, swimming, snorkeling.
– Make the world a better place. Be an essential part of a sustainable life on a small island. Minimize impact on the environment and help distribute benefits of adventure travel on the local economy.
– Have an enjoyable Adriatic summer experience. Soak the sun, learn something new (beekeeping, rock climbing, foraging). Make great friendships.
– Lead and be responsible for groups of like-minded adventurers. By this, we mean university professors, lawyers, historians, media people, doctors, bricklayers, and police officers who are fit and sometimes progressive outdoor athletes.
YOU MIGHT BE THE RIGHT FIT FOR THE POSITION IF:
# You have a minimum Level 3 sea kayak leader certificate. Ideally, we are looking for Level 4 or 5 skills, even if the paperwork for them is not there yet. It can be either BCU, ACA, or other Europass National Governing body certificates.
# You have a valid first-aid certificate.
# You have a driver’s license. You feel comfortable driving a van on narrow island roads.
# You have a personal SUP touring experience. Ideally, you have a SUP open water skills certificate. If you don’t, no worries, we’ll train you in our internal SUP instructor training program.
# Excellent fitness level. A 6 hour activity day on a warm summer day should be your thing.
# You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You take ownership of the time spent with us to make a difference.
# Your communication skills (in English, obviously) are first-string. You will be talking to a lot of fascinating people from around the world. It would be a shame not to contribute to such conversations.
# You are independent and responsible. You love taking ownership of projects and making sure everything flows smoothly. You don’t get flustered easily. If you don’t know the answer, you dig until you find it.
# You are a practical person. Gear is our friend, and you need to take care of your friends. Nothing major but patching up a bike tire, making sure all equipment is in place and small things like this.
# You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly.
To land this gig, you need to have some experience leading and coaching on kayaking trips. Just make sure we can see where you picked up your water-based people-leading superpowers in your cover letter or resume.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not there yet with your skills consider a more junior position of Assistant Adventure Guide.